This is a great dish for Barbecue's , can be made the day before and will serve 8 - 12 people.
Try different herbs and spices, there are so many different combinations .....
You can fill the center with a nice bright green finely chopped Granny Smith Apple , just gives it that sharp contrasting taste
If you do not have a ring mould just press the mixture into a basin.
- 170 g Long Grain Rice Cooked
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Apple Cored ans Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 100 g Button Mushrooms Chopped
- 1 Small Tin of Sweet Corn
- 50 g Raisins
- 50 g Walnuts Chopped
- 20 ml Mayonnaise
- 10 ml Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix Mayonnaise and Tomato Ketchup in a small bowl, put to one side.
- Put rice in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Add Mayonnaise mixture.
- Combine well.
- Press mixture into a 20 cm ring mould
- Chill for a least 1 hour or over night.
- Turn out onto a flat serving plate.