There are lots of recipes on line for banana cake, this one is THE HEALTHY OPTION.
It's quick to make and even better it's not messy.
You only need 10 minutes to mix it and 30 minutes to bake it.
75 g Raisins
1 tsp Powdered Cinnamon
150 ml Boiling Water
175 g Whole-Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
200 g Banana
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Pinch of Salt
125 g Fat Free/Sugar Free Yogurt
- Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees C ( 75 F or 5 Gas )
- Prepare 22 cm x 22 cm baking tin.
- In a small bowl mix together Raisins, Cinnamon and Water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sieve together Flour and Baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, then add Lemon Juice, Salt and Yogurt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add the Banana mixture to the flour bowl and blend together until all is combined.
- Add the raisin mixture to the above and mix well.
- Bake for 30 mins.
This recipe can be played around with, any flavour of yogurt can be used plain or fruit.