- 2 Large Lemons
- 80g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 90ml Sun Flower Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Grate the Zest of the lemons, you need 2 tbs.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons, you need 120ml.
- Put the eggs, lemon zest, sugar and salt into the blender.
- Blend until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a cold saucepan.
- Add the oil to the mixture.
- Put the pan on a low heat.
- Using a hand whisk, keep whisking the mixture until it thickens.
- This could take 5 to 7 minutes, do not let it come to the boil.
- When the mixture has thickens, just keep it on the heat for a little longer, whisking all the time.
- Strain the mixture to remove any remaining lemon zest.
- Pour into sterilised jars.
- When cool refrigerate to let it thicken some more.
If you prefer, butter can be used, it gives a slightly brighter yellow colour to the end product.
Any vegetable oil can be used, extra virgin oil does over power it though.