This is a Canarian/Spanish dish as with a lot of Canarian Recipes they match their life style, everything done at a slow pace.
- 500g Stewing Meat
- I Onion Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tsp Thyme
- 1/2Tsp Picante (Hot Chili Pepper)
- Pinch Saffron
- 2 Potatoes Chopped
- Fry onions and meat until brown to seal the meat.
- Add rest of ingredients except wine, water and potatoes.
- Fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Cover with wine and a little water.
- Simmer for ages until the meat is melt in your mouth tender. This can take up to 2 hours or longer.
- Add more water and wine when necessary.
- Add potatoes at the end of the cooking, either par boil or saute before adding.
This can be made the before needed and can be successfully frozen.