OK, I created these 'biscuit bites' because I love having a biscuit with my cup of tea.....trying to be good with the ' fat thing ' so wanted a healthy biscuit, they are not sweet, so would not be to everyone's liking, but they seem to work for me.
Not sure what to name them, still thinking about it.....anyway here's the recipe
- 300 g Wholemeal Flour
- 16 g Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 50 g Ground Almonds
- 40 g Chopped Raisins
- 70 ml Sunflower oil
- 2 Eggs
- 100 g Fat Free Muesli Cereal Yoghurt (or similar)
- A Little milk for mixing if needed.
- Set oven at 180 c ( Gas Mark 4 or 350 f ) to warm
- Sieve together :- 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6, into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 7 and 8 - mix in well
- Rub in 9 until similar to bread crumbs
- Add Yoghurt and mix well
- Beat the 2 eggs together in small bowl
- Add to mixture a little at a time until a stiff rollable dough is formed.
- Add a little milk if needed.
- Lightly Flour a rolling board and roll dough out to a ¼ cm thickness.
- Using a 5 cm round cutter, cut out the biscuits.
- This should make about 50
- Bake in oven for 8 mins
- I normally roll out the dough in 2 halves, it's easier.
- Instead of Cinnamon and Ginger try Rosemary and Garlic Powder.
- Can be ate on their own or with Cheese etc....