- 700g Pumpkin chopped and pealed
- 2 Large Carrots chopped and pealed
- 2 Large Onions, chopped and pealed
- 250g Pasta - Small Shapes
- 200g Tomato frito
- 400g Crated Cheese
- 200g Spicy Tomato Salsa
- 1 Large Tomato Sliced
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- 3 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- Pre heat oven to 180 Degrees
- Cook the pasta according to the instruction, drain and put to one side.
- In a large pan add the oil and the chopped onions, cook until just going translucent.
- Add the Pumpkin and the Carrot, cook until soft.
- Add the cooked pasta, mix well.
- Add the Tomato Frito and the Tomato Salsa.
- Cook for 10 minutes, to blend the flavours.
- Season to Taste.
- Place the mixture in a large baking dish, pressing it down into the corners.
- Cover the top with the grated cheese.
- Decorate with the sliced Toamto.
- Place in the pre heated oven for 30 minutes.
It's best to make it, cook it and serve it straight away, if left to stand the pasta soaks up the sauce and it becomes to dry.
This recipe will serve 6 people, if served on it's own, having the pasta and the vegetables, it is a complete meal, but if you are like me, you will enjoy it with a baked potato or a few chips, in which case it should serve 8 people.