500g Ready cooked meat, any kind.
3 large Potatoes
2 large Carrots
1 large Onion
250g Cooked Chick Peas
3 Cloves Garlic
1 litre Stock
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tbs Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Put Olive Oil in a large pan and heat gently.
- Add coarsely chopped onion and garlic and add to pan, fry gently until soft and just starting to go golden.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks and add to pan.
- Peel/scrub carrots, cut into chunks about the same size as potatoes and add to pan.
- Fry the potatoes and carrots on a medium to high heat until lightly browned.
- Add chickpeas to pan and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic mix, oregano and turmeric and stir everything together.
- Add the stock bring, briefly to the boil then lower heat cover pan and simmer until potatoes and carrots are almost cooked.
- Whilst Potatoes etc. are cooking, shred the cooked meat by pulling apart.
- Finally add the shredded meat and simmer with pan covered until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.