- What you need are some very small potatoes, washed them well and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and add plenty of sea salt.
- Boil for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked .
- The local Canarian people let the water virtually boil dry, the more water you boil away the more salt on the outside of the potatoes.
- They should be very wrinkled and covered in salt.
In the original passed down recipe the amount of salt was a quarter of the weight of potatoes, but using this you would end up with your potatoes covered very heavily in salt.
It's really down to taste, I use very little salt (although remember sea salt is not as strong as normal salt), the potatoes do not end up with a layer of salt on them, but are still wrinkled and taste great.
These potatoes are great for picnic's, BBQ's , buffets etc. and are usually served with Mojo Salsa.