This salsa can be keep for several weeks in the fridge, adjust the amount of chili to get the desired heat.
This is a hot Spicy Salsa great with Papas Arrugadas or as a dip for BBQ meats etc.
- Tsp Pimento Ducle (Sweet pepper powder)
- 4 Gloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 4 Tsp Paprika Picante (Hot pepper powder)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 3 tsp Ground Chili's
- 3 dsp Stale Bread Crumbs
- 200ml Olive Oil
- 100ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Dsp Runny Honey
- 200ml Water
- In a blender blend the pimento dulce, garlic,cumin, paprika picante, turmeric, ground chilli's, bread crumbs, olive oil and balsamic vinegar,
- Pour into a saucepan.
- Add cinnamon stick, bat leaf, honey and water.
- Bing to the boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl to remove the bits.
- Pour Sala into a sterilized jar.