Couscous salad, is delicious served hot or cold, quick and easy to make.
- 150ml Broth
- 60g Couscous
- 20g Sliced Onions
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 60g Seeded Diced Tomatoes
- 100g Cooked Chickpeas
- 30g Raisins
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4Tbsp Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Bring broth to the boil, stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan sauté onions and garlic, until the onions just start to brown.
- Check the couscous, it should have soaked up all of the fluid.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork
- Add, couscous, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and ground cumin, to the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes until thoroughly hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley, lemon juice and pepper.
- Can be served hot or chilled.
This is a basic recipe, try adding other ingredients such as Mozzarella Cheese or other vegetables.
Photo By Monica Muller