A very popular Canarian Dish, served in a large dish set in the centre of the table so that everyone can help themselves, can be served with papas arrugardas or fresh crusty bread to soak up the delicious gravy.
- Few pieces of meat for flavouring.
- 250g Cooked Chickpeas.
- 1 Meat Stock cube
- 2 Chopped onions
- 2 Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Dulce
- 1Tsp Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt to taste
- 200ml Vegetable Stock
- Place chick peas, Stock Cube and meat into a saucepan.
- Add enough water to well cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently.
- In a separate pan, fry all other dry ingredients until well blended.
- Then add to the chickpeas and meat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add more vegatable stock when necessary .