Brown Rice

This might seem a strange one to put in, but up until now I haven't been able to cook brown rice without it ending up horrible, stodgy and watery. Lindsay from Adeje told me how to do this, so, just in case any of you are having the same problems I was, here how. With many thanks to Lindsay.

200g Brown Rice

Put rice in a microwave dish with 250ml water.
Microwave on high for 10mins. Let stand without opening the door for 2 mins.
Add a further 100ml water and microwave on high for 8 mins. Let stand without opening the door for 2 mins.
Take out of microwave and fluff up with fork.

You should end up with nice fluffy rice. The cooking time may vary a bit depending on the power of your microwave. I found it better using a plastic microwave bowl.

Brown Rice on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.